“Knowing Christ is the best thing that has ever happened to me, although winning the US Open was a pretty good second.”
The 10 commandments of prayerLord teach us to pray Like 11:1
The following is a friend’s 10 suggestions as to how to pray for sport.
1. Pray for energy and focus to perform at your best level consistent with your training and skills.
2. Pray to play to the max and to the end within the rules.
3. Pray that all may be protected from career threatening injury.
4. Pray that the best team (team strength, team skill, team coordination and team spirit) may be revealed by winning.
5. Pray that by your spirit and example Christ is honoured.
6. Pray that you will so respect your opponents that they become friends after the contest.
7. Pray that all forms of cheating will be exposed and punished.
8. Pray that a new generation of people will be inspired to follow and participate in your sport.
9. Pray that you may draw your team members and opponents to follow Christ as Lord.
10. Pray that on retirement you can look back at your sporting life with no regrets.